Explore the intriguing and fascinating history of Bribie Island in a beautiful, contemporary museum. The Bribie Island Seaside Museum enjoys scenic views across the glimmering waters of the Pumicestone Passage and Moreton Bay. The museum is a great addition to your visit to Bribie Island with beautiful parks, local eateries and wildlife habitats close by.
The museum features:
- A theatre showing films about the S.S Koopa and holidaying on Bribie Island
- A large collection of preserved fish dating back to 1905 from Moreton Bay waters
- The social history of the people and places of Bribie Island and its role in World War II
- The story and some belongings of the internationally-renowned artist Ian Fairweather and other Bribie Island personalities
- A replica World War II bunker detailing some of Bribie Island’s role in defending the Brisbane line
- A designated space for new exhibitions that change several times a year
- Interactive displays and activities for young and old
- A diverse programme of events and workshops for adults and children.
1 South Esplanade, Bongaree 4507